Monday, September 27, 2010

¡Feliz Aniversario!

This year for our 2nd anniversary, we decided to stay home and take advantage of some much-needed relaxation. Or so the plan was. As it turned out, our weekend was so action-packed that relaxation got bumped to the bottom of the list and FUN was on top. YIPPEE!! Both Jay and I were so excited, ecstatic, anxious, and thrilled to spend such a great weekend together that we could hardly contain ourselves. Here's a little of what our happy happy anniversary weekend entailed:

Our bedroom is officially complete. After 2 years of marriage, we have finally pulled out the big ones and invested in wonderfully soft bamboo sheets, pillows, bedskirt and duvet cover to match. Needless to say, Jay, being the plant guy that he is, absolutely loves the design. Since seeing it on our bed, it has grown on me and I must confess that aside from the blissful comfort bamboo brings, I am also falling in love with our new bedspread. The best part? You can change the sheet, pillows and pillow cases to match the colours on the duvet! Right now we have purple and green. But we plan to get that pretty dark blue sometime in the future...



Of course, the numerous oh-so-delectably smelly diaper changes, courtesy of Jacob. Jay insists on protecting his olfactory organs by wearing this lovely gas mask... works like a charm. Well, Jacob may be stinky, but he's just too darn cute to pass up the chance to smother him with kisses.


And of course, the big one you've all been waiting for... my haircut! Yes, I chopped it off. More than 8 inches of my beloved locks lay in the bottom of some dirty dumpster *sigh* But I have no regrets. Well, maybe it was nice before to not have to use a million and one bobby pins to keep my hair in a decent ponytail, but I'm loving the freedom short hair brings. Less time consumed primping in front of the mirror. More volume for my sadly thinning hair (curse those hormones! But no worries, I'm not balding... yet). And a new and improved look that I love! And now, without any further ado... pictures, at your request. The first picture is before, the next two are after the hairdresser took the shears to my mane.


I didn't take any actual "after" pictures, but I found these on the camera, just a couple that Jay snapped in the mall on Saturday. I think it turned out rather well, though hardly anything like the picture of Kristin Cavallari that I had. I think that for my next haircut I might go just a smidgeon shorter. But regardless, thank you Bronwyn the Hair Dresser, wherever you are, for my fabulous new do!

On Saturday night we ate sushi at Go For Sushi. And it was soo DELICIOUS! For all you Saskatooners, I highly recommend it if you're looking for a cheap(er) place to eat some good quality sushi with fast service. So scrumptious.

To wrap up our fabulous weekend, Jay insisted on cooking me a big chinese dinner on Sunday. Seriously. He's a great cook, and I really admired his ambition. But honestly? 4 different chinese dishes to be prepared and ready all at the same time? Time to call in Master Chef. My goodness, Jay certainly showed me! Beef and broccoli, hot and spicy szechuan, chowmein with pork, deep fried shrimp and sweet potatoes in tempura batter. SO GOOD! Boy oh boy do I love that man. Not just because he can cook, though that's certainly a bonus, but because he's just so darn good to me. Feliz Aniversario mi amor!

1 comment:

  1. hey guys! i just found your blog and i'm so excited to stay up to date on your cute little family happenings :) LOVE the hair steph, and that bed set is too cute! glad to hear you had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete