Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rollin' with the homies

Well, I hope you all had a happy Happy Thanksgiving. I know we did! This is the first Thanksgiving we've spent with Jay's family (our previous two having been commandeered by my family for one reason or another). Was it a party or what! The whole gang was there. Yes, all 10 siblings. And their kids. Combined with a little family get-together on Saturday for Jay's Grandma D's (I also have a grandma Doreen Anderson... strange much?) 85th birthday bash, our Thanksgiving weekend was packed with laughs, hugs, visits, giggles and fun with our fabulous family, the Barnwell Andersons.

Although a little hesitant at first with all the noise and commotion, Jacob loved playing with all his adorably attentive cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents. Without hardly skipping a beat -- I say hardly because there might have been one or two skipped beats -- Jacob was cozying up with whoever held him next. If there's one thing Jacob is, he's the biggest snuggler. He just loves to chill on your lap and suck on his sucky fingys.

Speaking of the little munchkin... I can hardly believe that he's 8 months old... too crazy to comprehend! The past 8 months have whisked by in such a fury that I never knew time could whisk so fast. Jacob is now a rolling machine. The other day I was playing the piano, so I put him on the floor behind me with a few toys and before I knew it, he was across the room and pulling leaves off Jay's beloved umbrella plant. Not the first time that's happened. And pretty much the only way he falls asleep is on his tummy. Unfortunately for him, Jacob is an ambi-roller. When I say this, I mean he only possesses the ability to roll off his tummy one way. So if we want him to stay in the room, we just turn him a certain way and he'll roll into the room, or vise-versa. As a result, he often gets stuck half-rolled into the couch or the corner of his crib or yet again, Jay's plants. He's a big sitter boy too. When just a few weeks ago I had him in the exe-saucer all the time, now he's just content to sit on the floor surrounded by pillows with an empty juice box, tooth brush or pill bottle in hand. Note to self: don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on little baby toys that may or may not be cute... such a waste. Jacob is much more content with a cardboard box or empty jug than he's ever been with his toys. Drats. Oh well. The upside: I can see us saving oodles of dollars on this latest epiphany. This year's Christmas present? A cardboard box.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Steph, don't buy your kids Christmas presents until they are like 5, then once they are 5 only buy them one. That's what we do, and they don't even care. Money well saved.

    ReplyDelete